I love stir-fry! There is something so satisfying about throwing rice and any veggies on-hand in a wok to create a hot quick meal! But between the salt, oil and heavy carbs - it can leave you with quite the unsettled stomach; especially if you are ordering stir fry at a restaurant!
However, using cauliflower rice as a grain substitute is a GAME CHANGER! And now you don't have to spend time ricing your cauliflower in the blender. You can buy it at Whole Foods Market, organic, frozen and riced! This recipe combines fresh vegetables with a simple, fragrant curry stir fry sauce that really adds great flavor and is ready within 25 minutes! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup whole raw cashews
- 2 bags organic frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 organic cage-free eggs
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small dish, stir the coconut aminos with the curry powder, set aside.
- Heat a over medium-high heat. Add water when pan is very hot.
- Then add shallots, garlic, and stir-frying until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whenever the pan becomes dry, add a little liquid - 1/2 to 1 tablespoon at a time to keep the pan sizzling.
- Add the bell pepper, green beans, carrots and peas. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes in the same way, adding more liquid if needed.
- Now add the cauliflower rice and cashews. Drizzle the coconut aminos/curry powder mixture over and gently stir-fry to combine over medium-high to high heat until the rice begins to make popping sounds - about 3 minutes.
- In a separate saute pan, scramble the 2 eggs and add to stir fry when ready.
- Finally, add the pineapple chunks and raisins. Avoid adding any more liquid from here on out, or your rice will turn out soggy. The pan should be hot and dry. Remove from heat. Top with green onions and chopped cilantro.