This is truly a one-pot wonder loaded with plant protein and super easy to make.
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 jalapeno, minced
· 1 cup quinoa
· 1 cup vegetable broth
· 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
· 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
· 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· 1/2 teaspoon cumin
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
· 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
· Juice of 1 lime
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
· Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
· Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
Top with fresh tomatoes, vegan sour cream and chopped scallions!
· Serve immediately.