Ask yourself this question right now. Are you proud of your fridge and pantry? Is it organized, clean, labeled and inviting or is it cluttered, messy and a little bit scary. It may be time to freshen things and bring back some motivation to your food-organization! Here's some of my favorite tips to share with clients when it comes to organization!
FRIDGE ORGANIZING 101 ORGANIZATION
- Switch to glass containers right NOW. Throw out all your plastic containers- they're worth the investment, last longer, and are better for us + the earth. I like Glasslock.
- I keep all my nuts + seeds in the fridge so they don't spoil. This includes coconut, hemp, chia, flax, and ALL nut butters.
- Avocados last longer if you refrigerate them.
- Always use a nontoxic cleaner when cleaning out your fridge as you'll be putting that cleaner into your body as it will inevitably touch your foods.
Pantry Organization Tips:
- Keep everything in labeled bins. Containment is key to organization!
- Make sure everything is visible. If something’s not visible, that’s when the rummaging around and messes get bad.
- Keep whatever you use the most at eye level. This can change, so be sure once a month to check in and make sure everything is easily accessible.
- Organize by type of food. I keep all my baking stuff in a separate container than my nuts/seeds.