If you're looking to spice up your weekly lunch routine or even get in that latest craving for tacos-you need to make these bowls STAT! These bowls are easy to make, filled with fiber and of course gluten free, dairy-free and full of protein.
Tex-Mex Quinoa Bowl with Honey Lime Dressing
- 1 cup organic frozen quinoa from Whole Foods Market
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning (or a southwest flavor seasoning)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium organic sweet potato, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned no salt added black beans, rinsed
- 2 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium avocado, sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- 4 TBS canned coconut milk
- 2 TBS water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime, about 3 TBS
- 2 TBS raw honey
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
- HEAT QUINOA: Heat for 2-3 minutes in the microwave or saute in pan.
- COOK SWEET POTATOES: While the quinoa is cooking, cook your chopped sweet potato and onion in medium pan with olive oil. Add salt and pepper, or more seasoning if you wish. Cook on medium heat until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- MAKE DRESSING: In a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients
- ASSEMBLE BOWLS: Distribute quinoa, potatoes and onions, black beans, bell pepper, and sliced avocado in bowls. Dress with honey lime dressing and garnish with cilantro if you wish, enjoy!